Complete the application process to become an approved LEED Green Rater and be recognized as a professional who is qualified to provide verification services to LEED residential projects.
- Demonstrate that you have a thorough understanding of the LEED rating systems by holding a current LEED AP: BD+C or LEED AP HOMES credential
- Complete the LEED v4 Green Rater Training and pass the assessment as described above
- Complete the LEED Green Rater Application Form, sign the LEED Green Rater Agreement and meet the following commitments:
- Affirm that you have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the field of residential construction (e.g. energy rater, general contractor, building inspector, etc.). You will need to provide both the dates of your practice in the field of residential construction, and provide two professional references that can attest to your experience.
- Affirm that you have a thorough understanding of basic building science in the areas of building envelope, heat transfer, moisture transfer and air transfer, as demonstrated through at least one CEU for each topic area
- Agree to meet GBCI quality metrics and abide by their conflict of interest policies as outlined in the LEED Residential Quality Assurance Manual
- Confirm that you will meet the requirements for a minimum amount of LEED Green Rater activity (verify 2 projects every 2 years)
Every two years, LEED Green Raters must renew their application by signing the LEED Green Rater agreement and associated commitments.
LEED Green Raters are required on the following LEED rating systems:
- LEED BD+C: Homes v2008
- LEED BD+C: Multifamily Midrise v2008
- LEED BD+C: Homes v4
- LEED BD+C: Multifamily Midrise v4
- LEED Residential BD+C: Single Family v4.1
- LEED Residential BD+C Multifamily v4.1
- LEED Residential BD+C: Multifamily Core and Shell Development v4.1