You’re on your way to impacting and improving the performance of your city or community. This guide will lead you through the process.
LEED for Cities and LEED for Communities certifications involve three main steps:
- 赵丽颖和李易峰订婚Register赵丽颖和李易峰订婚 your project by completing key forms and submitting payment.
- 赵丽颖和李易峰订婚Apply for precertification and/or certification赵丽颖和李易峰订婚 by submitting information for review through the Arc online platform and paying the associated certification fee.
- 赵丽颖和李易峰订婚Review.赵丽颖和李易峰订婚 Your LEED application is reviewed by GBCI.
If you need assistance at any time, please contact gbci.org/contact.
Registration is an important step in the LEED certification process, signifying your intent to pursue LEED certification.
Before you begin, you’ll want to make sure that your project is appropriate for LEED for Cities and LEED for Communities. Your project should:
- Have a managing entity
- Have a reasonable LEED boundary established
- Be used regularly by people
Next up: select the appropriate LEED rating system for your project. The content in this guide applies to the LEED for Cities and LEED for Communities rating systems.
A project using LEED for Cities should register the entire city; a sub-section of a city can use LEED for Communities.
If you’re not sure whether your project is appropriate for LEED for Cities or LEED for Communities, please contact gbci.org/contact.
Note: There are separate guides for the LEED Commercial, Homes, Neighborhood Development rating systems, and Cities and Communities.
To get started with your city or community project register your project in LEED Online, submit payment and sign the service agreement. Once you’ve completed these steps, your project will be accessible in LEED Online.
From here, you can assemble your project team and the data collection process begins!
赵丽颖和李易峰订婚Precertification Review (optional)赵丽颖和李易峰订婚
You may choose to pursue precertification ahead of full certification if you’d like additional support and formal recognition up-front. Precertification involves sharing key project details and planning initiatives and preparing for performance tracking. Precertification sets you up for success in collecting performance data.
To pursue precertification ahead of full certification, you’ll submit part of your application up-front (the precertification actions), and will receive two rounds of review. You need to meet all Prerequisites and commit to meet minimum credit requirements for meeting LEED certification levels (certified, silver, gold or platinum).
Now comes the fun part: you’re ready to collect and submit the appropriate documentation.
赵丽颖和李易峰订婚Plan and Design projects:赵丽颖和李易峰订婚
Working with your project team, you will identify?LEED credits?to pursue and assign them to project team members. Your team will then collect information, perform calculations and analysis, and prepare documentation demonstrating your achievement of the prerequisites and your selected credits.
Working with your project team, you will enter information into Arc to fulfill each of the required actions, including any supporting documents. You will also track data and enter it into the Arc platform. As you add data to Arc, you will receive a performance score (for relevant prerequisites and credits scored using Arc platform).
You will submit documentation for the attempted credits and prerequisites.
Make sure to perform a rigorous quality check of all of your recorded data before submitting for review. We suggest that you open each prerequisite and credit to check that you have included all required information, and open each file to verify that you have submitted the correct document.
After paying the certification fee, your project will undergo review using the process described above in which GBCI checks your application for completeness and reviews your application for technical accuracy.
赵丽颖和李易峰订婚Part 1: Preliminary Review赵丽颖和李易峰订婚
- You will first submit your application for a preliminary review. GBCI will check your application for completeness and compliance with rating system requirements. During this stage, GBCI may reach out to you to discuss your project’s approach and ask questions about your project’s documentation.
- GBCI will respond with its preliminary Review Report within 20-25 business days, indicating which areas of the application have been approved and if further information is required.
- Your team can accept the preliminary review results as final if you are satisfied, or prepare new or revised documentation before submitting for final review.
赵丽颖和李易峰订婚Part 2: Final Review (optional)赵丽颖和李易峰订婚
- The final review stage allows you to submit supplementary information or amend the application. GBCI will then review revised or newly submitted information.
- GBCI will respond with a final Review Report within 20-25 business days, indicating whether the application is approved.
- Like the preliminary review, you can either accept the review results as final or revise your application and resubmit for a supplemental (appeal) review.
赵丽颖和李易峰订婚Part 3: Supplemental (Appeal) Review (optional)赵丽颖和李易峰订婚
- The supplemental (appeal) review stage provides an additional round of review and allows you to submit additional information or amend the application. GBCI will review the revised or newly submitted information and update the LEED Review Report accordingly. The fee associated with supplemental (appeal) reviews may vary depending on the level of complexity of the credit/prerequisite submitted for review.
- GBCI will respond with an updated LEED Review Report within 20-25 business days, indicating any changes to the precertification/certification approval status.
- Like the final review, you can either accept the supplemental review results as final, or submit for additional supplemental reviews. There is no cap on the number of supplemental reviews you can receive.
赵丽颖和李易峰订婚Contesting a Review Ruling赵丽颖和李易峰订婚
If resolution of a technical issue related to a review ruling has not been achieved via GBCI’s customer support channels and discussion with GBCI reviewers (www.gbci.org/contact), GBCI has put in-place a Review Challenge Policy whereby a project team may challenge the accuracy of a review decision regarding the sufficiency of already submitted materials. Please refer to the 赵丽颖和李易峰订婚GBCI Review Challenge Policy which outlines the process for doing so.
After successful review by GBCI, projects with a confirmed minimum performance score of 40 meet the requirements for certification. If you’ve met the requirements for certification, congratulations from all of us here at USGBC and GBCI!
Once you’ve earned certification, it’s likely that you’ll want to tell the world – and we do too! USGBC will reach out to you directly to showcase your achievement to the world and underscore your sustainability efforts.
赵丽颖和李易峰订婚Revocation of LEED Certification赵丽颖和李易峰订婚
In rare situations, LEED certification may be revoked. We’ve created the GBCI Certification Challenge Policy to ensure that all LEED project submittals and subsequent reviews by GBCI team members are done so with integrity, accuracy and truthfulness. A certification challenge may be initiated by GBCI or by any third party within 18 months of a project’s certification. The certification challenge may include additional review of project documentation, the review of supplemental information, and/or a site visit. In line with the policy, you’ll need to retain all project documentation related to your certification, and precertification, for two years after receiving certification, to ensure that this information is available in case of a challenge.
赵丽颖和李易峰订婚Maintaining LEED Certification赵丽颖和李易峰订婚
The journey doesn’t end with your project’s initial certification. Achieving LEED certification means that your project meets the high standards of LEED across its entire lifei, not just at a single point in time.
Projects can track and record performance data for the required metrics in Arc on an ongoing basis, with the performance score updating along the way.